Table of Contents - Jump to a Section
It takes “tools” to build any business, so I thought it'd be helpful to you if I created a list of tools that I both use and recommend. I use all of these tools, in some way, to build my businesses and run my life. If you find this list useful, bookmark it so they're just a click away. I'll keep adding to this list as I test out and implement new tools. As I use new ones, I'll post how I use it in my business. As old ones die, I'll delete them! Enjoy!
Super Affiliate Hosting
- Hostgator: I always have technical questions for programmers and my hosting company actually answers them 24/7. They don't have to either (because they aren't responsible for WordPress technical support). BUT this is why I use them! This are there 24/7 and they fix my sites on the spot.
- How to Start a Blog That Matters: Want to know my inspiration for blogging and how to start one that really matters. This is the complete training.
- My WordPress Theme is Called Freshlife: I have used this theme for SuperAffiliate and Kit Elliott w/ Kit Elliott.
- WordPress: You can download the latest version of WordPress here, and if you need a FREE installation, please check out my free wordpress installation and premium template special.
- Free WordPress Plugins: You can download the coolest plugins for WordPress to make it “do” just about anything.
WordPress Plugins (and growing)
- Pretty Links: Cloak your affiliates links and manage all of them in one place. This has been a time saver for me because now no more “searching” for affiliate links. They keep them nice and organized like a recipe box.
- Backup Your WordPress: I hate worrying about if my website goes down – do I lose everything? You know that nagging feeling. Don't fret. This is a simple PRESS A BUTTON and it backs everything up – PRESS A BUTTON and it loads everything back to normal.
- Advertising Plugin SuperAffiliate Uses: Want people to pay you for advertising on YOUR website. This is an easy to install, easy to add different advertising options (all on autopilot).
- Share and Follow Plugin: Easily add the social media and bookmarks to your posts and pages. I recommend this one or sexy bookmarks.
- Aweber: The best autoresponder and email marketing system I've found. If you're not capturing and following up with your leads, you're not in business. It's a simple as that. Aweber is affordable, very easy to use, and can grow with you as your business grows. I've tried many others, but have always come back to Aweber. Must Have.
- Popup Domination: This is the software I use for the opt-in form that “magically” appears over this blog. Works great and gives me an extra opportunity to capture leads. Recommended. (Works with Aweber)
- Ultimate Footer Popup: This is another piece of software that “slides” an opt-in box UP at the bottom of a sales page, blog, etc. Another unique method I've used to capture leads. (Works with Aweber.)
Website/Squeeze Page Design
- Optimize Press: Before Optimize Press, it was common for me to spend $500 to $1,000 or more to have a designer create an opt-in page or sales letter page from scratch. After Optimize Press, I can now “click and create” professional-looking opt-in pages, sales pages, membership sites, and more. It's like getting unlimited website design services for a one-time fee of $97. Another must-have tool that's indispensable.
- My Adsense WordPress Theme: This is the WordPress theme that makes it easy to setup and drop your adsense in the most profitable zones.
- Affiliate Review Templates: Find some products – add a review template that converts your traffic to buyers. These are the best out there.
- Niche Templates: I like being a members of Niche Templates because they find the niches for me and send me the complete ready to go templates. I just have to add SEO with SENuke (and I'm in profit!)
- Digital Access Pass: This is the software that I use for membership sites like WealthWorld (and download pages). This is most advanced and simple to use plugin for WordPress. You drop it in and protect pages. Works with most shopping carts.
- Viral PDF Generator: I love this service. With VPG, you can create viral pdf reports that are 1-click rebrandable. You can create “free to rebrand” reports for your opportunity… or reports that customers must pay to rebrand. Lots of options, all explained by the creator of VPG, James Grandstaff.
- Nozbe: I'd be lost without my Nozbe account. With so many projects going on simultaneously, personal activities, appointments, etc., I love being able to access and organize ALL of this from any computer, my iPhone, and iPad. If you need an organizational system that really works, I highly recommend testing out Nozbe for yourself. (I'd be lost without it)
Affiliate Marketing Training
- Affilorama: It's not only the quality of this training that's surprising. It's that it's free. Over 100 hours of video lessons, tools, training. If you're asking yourself, “How in the heck do I get traffic?”, then you need to create an account at Affilorama and go through their free training. Highly recommended.
- Market Samurai: I love Market Samurai because of their rank tracker and SEO competition scoring so you can find profitable markets with little competition fast.
- Google Keyword Tool: Use this tool to find keywords that are getting the monthly searches that you need to make it “profitable” but the funny thing is that the competition bar does not work right but I still use it as an indicator for “low competition”. Strange?
- SeNuke: This is the complete all-in-one solution for getting the top spot for ANY keywords. You can even start your own SEO business with this do it for you tool. I do SEO twice a week and “set it and forget it” for the entire week!
- Free Advertising Academy: This is an eye-opening course by Jeff Gardner that will get you in the “marketing mindset” and will show you how to get free traffic to ANY product/offer or service. Rated A on IMReviews.
- Fiverr: I've had a bunch of jingles, logos, bookmarking, and SEO work done for FIVE dollars. Incredible.
- Elance: One of the best outsourcing place known to have quality workers but cost a bit more than the others.
- vWorker: Formerly, Rent a Coder – They have evolved into a powerhouse and I find really cheap workers here.
- 99Designs: For my big projects – I've used 99Designs for logos and blog design. I recommend logos only here. Blog design – absolutely a ripoff.
Twitter Management for Multiple Niches
- Tweet Adder: This was the complete eye-opening software that changed the game for me. This allows me to spread my posts out over time, schedule tweets, automatically reply to followers and retweet (all on autopilot. It's been a lifesaver for my multiple niches and really is the key component for creating a lot of interaction with my different niches!
- Easy Video Player: Most of the big players out there are using Easy Video Player. You upload your video, add some clever features, and copy the code. Easily embed video in ANY website using this plugin.
Virus and Malware Protection
- Anti-Virus Elite: Back in 2009, this site got hit with a malware, and I lost 5 years of blog posts. Using this software, I was able to keep it free and clear of any viruses and now, we're dominating the search engines once again.